Ashtons Removals was a founding member of the Australian Furniture Removers Association (AFRA).
AFRA consists of experts in furniture removals in Australia. As the official regulating body in the industry, AFRA accredits only those removalists that have the necessary equipment, vehicles, premises and staff training needed to complete a professional move.
All AFRA members carry Public Liability Insurance and are authorised to provide Transit Insurance for all goods and effects being moved.
The application process to become a member of AFRA is comprehensive. Only quality removalists who agree to abide by the AFRA Code of Conduct are approved as members.
AFRA’s Code of Conduct sets out certain minimum standards expected of its members. This ensures clients receive quality services.
The minimum standards described include company premises, staff training, dealing with the client, vehicles and equipment, quality procedures and disputes.
When moving your furniture, choose an AFRA-accredited removal company.
Why Choose an AFRA Member?
Following are some of the reasons why you must choose an AFRA member when it comes to removals in Australia:
- You get peace of mind knowing the furniture removal company has undergone AFRA’s stringent selection procedure & has agreed to abide by a comprehensive Code of Conduct.
- Prior to approval of membership, all company documents are inspected and confirmed by an independent auditor. An inspection of the businesses premises is also required.
- Each member is required to provide a financial bond to the Association. This bond will be used if necessary to enforce commitment to the Code of Conduct.
- An AFRA member is required to have the correct paperwork for insurance, quotations, contracts and inventories. All paperwork is scrutinised by the auditor and approved by the Association, prior to approval of the company’s membership.
- In the event of a problem that cannot be resolved at the company level, the client can approach the AFRA office for assistance in resolving the claim. In the event that this is not successful, an independent disputes tribunal will adjudicate. All members are required to abide by the decision set by the AFRA. If the client wishes to pursue the matter further, they may lodge a complaint through the Office of Fair Trading.
- A client using an AFRA member can access information to help them with their relocation through the AFRA office.
- AFRA is a well-respected and credible organisation within the industry. All AFRA members are committed to following the AFRA ideal.
- AFRA provides its members access to its training programs. This training is available through various outlets including TAFE courses in the Australian states and territories. All AFRA members are required to provide training for all their staff. Undergoing the training program ensures staff perform their tasks professionally, without danger to themselves or their surroundings.
- AFRA members are required to carry Public Liability Insurance for their protection and for their clients’ personal safety of up to $10,000,000. Members are also permitted to offer Transit Insurance to further protect possessions.
- Prior to becoming a member, removal companies are required to have their premises, storage facilities and vehicles inspected and approved by AFRA. These are open for public inspection.
- The assurance that your removal will be completed as smoothly as possible.
- The security of knowing your furniture will arrive at their intended destination.
For more information about AFRA visit www.afra.com.au.