Ashtons Removals is a founding member of the Australian Furniture Removers Association (AFRA).
AFRA is an official body of removal experts in Australia that helps regulate the removal industry. AFRA accredits only those removalists that have the necessary equipment, vehicles, premises and staff training needed to complete a professional move.
All AFRA members carry Public Liability Insurance and are authorised to provide Transit Insurance for all goods and effects being moved.
The application process to become a member of AFRA is comprehensive and aims to accept only quality removalists who agree to abide by the AFRA Code of Conduct. The Code of Conduct sets out certain minimum standards expected of members so that clients may, with confidence, place their goods in the care of a member.
The minimum standards described include company premises, staff training, dealing with the client, vehicles and equipment, quality procedures and disputes.
For you, AFRA is the vehicle that offers protection and guidance.
Why Choose An AFRA Member?
The 12 most important reasons for using an AFRA Member are:
- The knowledge that the AFRA removalist has been through a selection procedure, has had to meet very strict criteria and agreed to abide by a Code of Conduct.
- Before membership is approved by Council, an independent auditor has inspected the business and confirmed that their procedures and paperwork are correct.
- Each member puts up a financial bond to the Association to illustrate their commitment to the Code of Conduct.
- An AFRA member has the correct paperwork for insurance, quotations, contracts and inventories. This paperwork has been scrutinised by the auditor and approved by the Association.
- In the event of a problem that cannot be resolved at the company level, the client can approach the AFRA office for assistance in resolving the claim. In the event that this is not successful, an independent disputes tribunal will adjudicate. The AFRA member has agreed to abide by its decision. The client may decide to take further action through Fair Trading.
- A client using an AFRA member can access information to help them with their relocation through the AFRA office.
- To illustrate AFRA’s credibility within the industry, all the major national removal companies are committed to the AFRA ideal.
- AFRA has a training program commitment which is available to all members. This training is available through various outlets including TAFE courses in the Australian states and territories. AFRA members are required to provide training for all their staff. AFRA has training tools available for members to assist them in making sure their staff perform professionally and without danger to themselves or their surroundings.
- AFRA members are required to carry Public Liability Insurance for their protection and for their clients’ personal safety of up to $10,000,000. They will also offer you the correct Transit Insurance to further protect possessions.
- Each AFRA member has approved premises for conducting their business, secure storage facilities (where a member offers this service), and properly maintained vehicles that are appropriate for the conduct of their business. These premises are open for public inspection.
- The assurance that your removal will be completed with as little drama as possible.
- The security of knowing your furniture will arrive and not disappear without a trace.
For more information about AFRA visit www.afra.com.au