Having an expert from the removal and storage industry come to your residence to discuss your removal plans, will ease many of your concerns about moving.
An inspection by one of our trained estimators, is not only complimentary and obligation free, but it will give you the opportunity to discuss things like moving on the same day as settlement, and how to avoid totally unnecessary waiting time charges, if settlement does get delayed.
When you are about to entrust many of your worldly possessions to someone you may not know, an inspection will give you the opportunity to assess the culture and integrity of that removal company.
The association behind the removal industry in Australia is AFRA – the Australian Furniture Removers Association, and AFRA strongly recommends that, unless you only have a couple of items to move, you should always arrange for an inspection to be done.
At the inspection we will:
- Check the loading access and also discuss access at delivery,
- Determine the volume of your consignment to ensure the correct number of men will be allocated to your job, as well as the right sized vehicle or vehicles,
- Determine the number of port-a-robes, TV cartons and plastic covers for your fabric items required for your move,
- Discuss the removal date and any potential issues regarding moving on the same day as settlement,
- Discuss packing and unpacking requirements,
- Discuss any disassembly and reassembly requirements,
- Discuss insurance arrangements, and
- Discuss any other aspects of your removal that you are concerned about.
With an inspection, we can give you a fixed quotation, but if you just accept an hourly rate over the phone, there is no incentive for the removal team to do the job quickly, and you also cannot be certain that the correct number of men, vehicles and resources will be allocated to your removal. So you will be able to relax and know things have been carefully planned for your move, book your FREE inspection with Ashtons Removals below.